It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Online vehicle fleet manager app?

"I'm trying to ____" and I can't ____"
Please use descriptive titles so people know what you're whining about. Knowitallism strongly discouraged

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, Graverobber

• Author

TurboBrick

Online vehicle fleet manager app?

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 11:51 am

Hello all you other OCD hoons!

So I have a very well worn little notebook that I've been keeping for my 760, that I use for keeping logs of fillups and repairs. This gets troublesome when you have three cars to keep track of and three notebooks that I keep misplacing. So, I'd like to move into space age with some kind of online app that would preferrably be accessible from my iPhone as well. Does anyone have one that they would recommend? I'm looking for the ability to log fuel mileage, repairs, set up some kind of maintenance reminders and have the ability to either print out a report or export the data.

ptschett

Re: Online vehicle fleet manager app?

PostSat Mar 24, 2012 2:20 pm

On my iPhone I'm using Car Minder Plus: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/car-minder-plus-car-maintenance/id310809791?mt=8

I like it for tracking gas fill-ups and upcoming services, and it also has a mode for entering repairs. Also you can email out the service and repair history. However, there doesn't seem to be a good way to get the fuel mileage history out of the app.
"You can look at practically any part of anything manmade around you and think 'some engineer was frustrated while designing this.' It's a little human connection." --xkcd #277

pj134

PostMon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 am

Fuelly is a pretty good fuel economy tracker, but no other features.

TurboBrick

PostTue Mar 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks for the ideas! Right now I'm trying something called MyCarProjects.net . Kind of a crappy looking web interface but it runs in a web browser, and there's also an Android app. I'm just kicking the tires right now but I'm liking it so far. Looks like it has an Export to Excel function too, so I can back up my data locally and alleviate my paranoias about the website going belly up with all of my notes.

pj134

PostTue Mar 27, 2012 2:38 pm

On this note, has anyone purchased a <$50 obdii scanner that works with an iphone?

Return to Help!