It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:10 am

Watch this car die over the next few days - 220D parts car

Project cars, modifications or other general showoff

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

oldcarjunkie

Watch this car die over the next few days - 220D parts car

PostWed Feb 13, 2013 7:55 am

A few pictures of the parts I car I finally got home. It runs but leaks fuel and oil like a bastard. Smells like an old truck stop. It has lots of rust and is generally quite tatty. It isn't long for this world as I've already starting pulling it apart. I need some parts for my 1970 220D and some will be stored as spares. The rest gets scrapped in about a week. So stayed tuned for the carnage. Here are the before photos.

Check out this funky green rear seat cover. It ripped coming off but I didn't plan to re-use it anyway. The seat was brown underneath and had a few more rips than the seat in the blue car.

oldcarjunkie

Re: Watch this car die over the next few days - 220D parts c

PostWed Feb 13, 2013 9:47 am

After day 1:

The red one was on the driver's side and in poor shape. The passenger side was brown and in good shape. The driver's side must have been changed once before as the rest of the interior was brown.

The grill on the left was on the 1970 blue car. It is incorrect for the year and seems to have been fitted at a later date. The surround is metal but the grill is plastic. The one on the right is off the 1971 parts car and is all metal. Oddly I fit it to the 1970 car but now the grill doesn't clear the bumper and thus the hood doesn't close fully. The bumpers look the same but I think I will try swapping them to see if it resolves the issue.

1971 Mercedes 220D minus the shiny bits on the front. The passenger side sealed beam headlight shattered when I tried unplugging it. Must have been there a while.

Return to Show and Tell