It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:11 pm

The I spotted today thread

Miscellaneous (car related) stuff and BSing. Craigslist/eBay finds, stuff from Hooniverse or elsewhere in the automoblogosphere, youtube or whatever.

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

NoKetchup

The I spotted today thread

PostMon Aug 13, 2012 10:21 pm

simple rules of the thread, you post something cool you saw actually moving withing a few days of spotting.... and simple enough that it doesn;t dictate its own thread.

I tried getting a pic of it but I saw a really wicked 70/80's kit car 3-wheeler (2 up front) that I simply couldn't get a snap of.

this is your consolation. this was at veggie fest yesterday.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Devin

Re: The I spotted today thread

PostTue Aug 14, 2012 10:36 pm

On the weekend I saw a whole pile of old Jags sitting outside a restaurant - mostly E-Types, one XK120 - and an Isuzu Vehicross but I was rushing to a music festival and couldn't stop for pics.

Froggmann

PostWed Aug 15, 2012 4:40 pm

Nothing from today, I've been kinda sealed in my office today. But this was last week in RIchmond, Ca:

pj134

PostThu Aug 23, 2012 4:44 pm

I saw Florida license plate 187 NWA today.

oldcarjunkie

PostFri Aug 24, 2012 8:08 am

Oldsmobile Firenza hatch in nice shape

Oldsmobile Firenza by dave_7, on Flickr

Oldsmobile Firenza by dave_7, on Flickr

NoKetchup

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 8:05 pm

sorry I have been out of town for a bit and haven't been able to add new posts.

so I was in downtown la porte IN on saturday going to stop by a favorite brewery of ours when I spotted this guy in the distance. I couldn't catch him but I found him parked not too far away.

can anyone tell me the year of this gem??? it was very clean throughout, fresh crome, fresh interior (all original knobs), body was super straight with dead on panel gaps. I milled about for quite some time hoping the owner would return but beer was calling and I had to leave.

(I would have snapped some interior shots but as a general rule I don't without permission)

NoKetchup

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 8:08 pm

full disclosure, this was also near la porte but at some random dealership car show, so not really a street sighting but I wanted to put it up because of the recent vega discussion.... in retrospect, I wish I did take some interior shots, it did have full interior past the drivers seat but it was a very serious build.

NoKetchup

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 9:32 pm

excuse me while I get caught up with a few posts....

maybach... you know I've been pondering this for a week and I'm not sure I have ever actually seen one on the road. The guy definitely wasn't excited about me taking this photo. Anyways, at what point in cost of a vehicle do they do away with plastic fog light covers? (and what I think is still a plastic grill). And while the interior was stunning 2 tone blue and cream leather, I know the woodworking is still just a veneer, once again, at what point do you get a legitimate chunk of wood (don't get me wrong, I enjoy that my KBB $2000 car has vastly finer wood working in it.... actually that is really sad).

NoKetchup

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 pm

I see so very few 1 series on the road that I couldn't resist posting this M1. Once again, I don't think I've seen another on the road so I am struggling to pick out what is stock and what is modded (he was repping a number of club stickers). I must say it looked pretty tough with the wide track.

NoKetchup

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 pm

ok I struggled for a half hour to finaggle my way next to this car to see who was driving it. You tell me if it was a let down or not. Old lady with a helmet hair perm.

NoKetchup

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm

downtown chicago on my way to my barber (who's fantastic truck has made it to the front pages here) I spotted this oddity. Really nice and clean Jag with white leather and blue piping. Now I've seen it before and if anyone wants to clue me into what the Van Plass edition is all about, I wanna know more.

but seriously, have you ever seen a clean Jag decked in greatful dead stickers and vanity plate (bonus for the single female stick figure on the right).

Scandinavian Flick

PostTue Aug 28, 2012 10:22 pm

NoKetchup wrote:full disclosure, this was also near la porte but at some random dealership car show, so not really a street sighting but I wanted to put it up because of the recent vega discussion.... in retrospect, I wish I did take some interior shots, it did have full interior past the drivers seat but it was a very serious build.

I saw one of those at a local car show... It really was amazing. With all the incredible cars at the show, I think I spent the most time pouring over every detail of it. It truly fascinated me.

So, my contribution from last a couple weekends ago in downtown Palo Alto, CA...

Next

Return to The Driveway