It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:58 am

Youtube F1 Documentary

Miscellaneous (car related) stuff and BSing. Craigslist/eBay finds, stuff from Hooniverse or elsewhere in the automoblogosphere, youtube or whatever.

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

straight_dave

Youtube F1 Documentary

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 am

last year I stumbled across a link to an F1 documentary on one of the many blogs i read at work. it was made in the late 80's or early 90's and was a UK production. there was a cheesy march-sounding composition played on synth at the beginning of each segment. the narrator sounded a lot like jeremy clarkson, but it wasn't him (i looked it up at the time, but forgot who the announcer actually was). It covered '59 to '79 in several ~10-minute installments that were broken down by season, it ended right before the turbo era.

the uploader wasn't in the US and there was mention by other youtube users in the comments that it was going to be taken down due to copyright, but i haven't been able to identify the series to buy them. i've searched on youtube looking for even a clip that could help me track it down, but come up dry. googling isn't helpful either as there are literally thousands of official and fan-made documentaries floating around.

anyone know of the series or remember watching this that can help me find it?

Return to The Driveway