It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Surprise OEM: toolkits, accessories and more!

Miscellaneous (car related) stuff and BSing. Craigslist/eBay finds, stuff from Hooniverse or elsewhere in the automoblogosphere, youtube or whatever.

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

Marto

Surprise OEM: toolkits, accessories and more!

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 3:54 pm

I just found a pic that led me to make a new forum post, it is just that awesome.

Yes, that is a the official toolkit for the Giocattolo Group B. And it contains a bottle of rum. And I know that brand of rum, they've tweaked the label many times. That bottle must be from the same vintage as the car

The legend being that if the toolkit couldn't fix the car, you might as well have a drink while waiting for the tow truck.

Any other surprise standard equipment you know of?
(Other than the CR-V picnic table, as covered in depth on another car site recently)

Alcology

Re: Surprise OEM: toolkits, accessories and more!

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Is that a bottle of Bundy?

Marto

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Ten-four.

The Giocattolo - despite its exotic source parts, name and looks - was actually made about 100 miles south of Bundaberg in Queensland, Australia. Italy has nothing to do with it.

However, that reminds me. The HSV Grange used to come with a bottle of Penfold's Grange Hermitage - occasionally regarded as the world's best regularly produced red wine. I can't find a pic with both bottle and luxo-barge, but here's one of the car complete with Ian Callum-designed body kit.

One day, one day...

Alcology

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 am

Wow, that is a beast. It came with wine, but I bet it was engineered with Bundy and Bundy. That HSV wikipedia article is a fun read. Those wagons are pretty bad-ass too. I really like the looks of the manta wagon, and it definitely has some stink on it.

Return to The Driveway