It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Found on the Front Page: Monday Music Videos

Miscellaneous (car related) stuff and BSing. Craigslist/eBay finds, stuff from Hooniverse or elsewhere in the automoblogosphere, youtube or whatever.

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

jibduh

Re: Found on the Front Page: Monday Music Videos

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 11:22 am

I'd pulled my initial embed from a blog post (attempt 1), it seems that the clickthrough put me in someone's playlist (attempt 2). a copy of the link from 'share' was a fail when replacing the url (attempt 3) then I copied your link and somehow it worked.

Anyways, let's try again:

BlackIce_GTS wrote:M is a number somewhere between 53 and 75, X is between 12 and 13

Batshitbox

PostThu May 02, 2013 12:13 am

Because so-and-so posted a video by Los Colorados on the whatareyoulisteningtorightnow thread and I love me some Ukranian Folka music (Red Elvises? I own a copy of Six String Samurai, the sound track) I looked up a few of their videos.

This one has a Bumblebee Camaro, a golf cart, and best of all for hoons everywhere Bumper Cars!

Hot things burn!

Batshitbox

PostTue Jun 11, 2013 9:48 pm

Again WMBR in Cambridge, MA puts me on to a great song. This wasn't the song I heard over there, so it doesn't qualify for the "What Are You Listening To Right Now?" thread, but it's a song (and great video) I discovered researching the artist.

Enough of your flash cars and Hollywood action with your Rock And Roll videos. Time now for real cars in real situations and a daydreamy question that arises on every long trip down a long road: Just who is buried under all those crosses you see by the side of the highway?

I'm keen on this video because it shows the dull, pedestrian, habitual side of American car culture. Everything that is prominently placed about cars is commonplace. PT Cruiser, cops by the roadside. The cameo by "Sedan with a stove in the trunk" is just that; something you see and photograph on an otherwise boring and long legged trip down the Interstate, a flash in a pan full of late model highway dull.

I'm keen on the song because it feels like it was written in that daydreamy moment when there's so little else to pay attention to, when even the Doritos taste stale, that you start to look for the human element in your surroundings. All of a sudden you notice the graves. As dull and unexciting as the road is, at one time someone met with the ultimate excitement there.

(And for hipster cred Kevin Abernathy has no wikipedia entry. You heard it hear first.)
Hot things burn!

Batshitbox

PostFri Jun 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Well, okay, it's got music and cars in it, but perhaps this is crossing into Atomic Toasters territory...

Bob Rogers was a producer on the classic SciFi spoof "Closet Cases Of The Nerd Kind" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080544/ ) and I wanted to see what else he may have come up with later in life. One of them was "Ballet Robotique" a simple synchrinization of the London Philharmonic and General Motors assembly line robots. (Made by and for GM)

Only it was made in 1982, so all the robots are in slow motion.

Hot things burn!

zsm

PostMon Jun 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Some great songs BSB, one time I looked into the name of the lady on the highway cross. It was so sad, I'll never do that again.
Well, you know what they say, "The candle that burns exponentially more durably, burns several decades after it was lit and for a completely different reason." - BlackIce_GTS

BlackIce_GTS

PostTue Jul 02, 2013 12:36 am

Early 90's traffic, and perhaps the most complementary song about a Valiant:

Batshitbox

PostThu Jul 18, 2013 3:58 pm

A slightly better version of something related to today's Mad Max post.

Hot things burn!

Batshitbox

PostSun Sep 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Hah! How did I ever forget this one for so long? Madness I've Been Driving In My Car. Some great lyrics in this one, and a cute old Morris that seemed to live the most exciting part of its life during the shooting of this video. (Though you can never tell with a Morris.) Also a Moto Guzzi sighting at 2:52. Dog ugly 1980s Moto Guzzi.

Hot things burn!
Previous

Return to The Driveway