It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Beer

Miscellaneous (car related) stuff and BSing. Craigslist/eBay finds, stuff from Hooniverse or elsewhere in the automoblogosphere, youtube or whatever.

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

Batshitbox

Re: Beer

PostWed May 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Interesting. What bar does he work at? (I'm back in Boston about quarterly these days.)

Adam at the Brendan Behan in Jamaica Plain. He's back and forth between San Diego and Boston a lot. I've lucked out in that he always seems to be working whatever odd weekday shift I show up at. I go back to New England rarely, and mostly hit up JP when my flight times don't synch up with the public transport. Also, he has a beleaguered first gen Ford Bronco.

No, the bridge itself is not 100 miles long, it takes 20 minutes to get to the bridge and 5 to get across it! Another 20 to get anywhere outside of WestO. Then you gotta think about the return trip, and the sports fans and !! call the waaahmbulance!
Hot things burn!

pj134

Re: Beer

PostThu May 02, 2013 1:47 pm

This is a label for a beer that was brewed specifically for Philly Beer Week. It is awesome. Also, this paragraph struck me as interesting. Do breweries in other cities work together like this for their events or not quite as much?

* Philly Beer Week Brotherly Suds 4, pale ale, 4.2 percent abv.

This year, Bill Covaleski (Victory), Gordon Grubb (Nodding Head), Mark Edelson (Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant) and Gene Muller (Flying Fish) joined Tom Kehoe at Yards Brewery for Beer Week's local collaboration brew. It's a light-bodied pale ale that will be tapped by Mayor Nutter at Opening Tap festivities on May 31.

Link if anyone is interested in other beers for the week. http://www.philly.com/philly/food/20130502_What_s_brewing_for_Philly_Beer_Week.html
Previous

Return to The Driveway