It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 am

Stuff that doesn't go anywhere else.

Miscellaneous (car related) stuff and BSing. Craigslist/eBay finds, stuff from Hooniverse or elsewhere in the automoblogosphere, youtube or whatever.

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

Devin

Stuff that doesn't go anywhere else.

PostSat Apr 27, 2013 4:59 pm

I made this topic to point out that I figured out the styling inspiration for the 2014 4Runner, and didn't know where else to put it.

BlackIce_GTS

Re: Stuff that doesn't go anywhere else.

PostTue Oct 15, 2013 11:42 pm

Yes. I can use this.
-Lumina, Sunfire, Cobalt, '92 Grand Prix.
GM: design the sedan first, idiots.

Marcal

PostThu Oct 17, 2013 12:51 pm

I believe I've said this before, so pardon the repetition, but I believe the new 4Runner looks like it's been in a serious front-end collision.
"A one that is not cold is scarcely a one at all."

BlackIce_GTS

PostMon Nov 11, 2013 7:20 pm

This was bouncing around my head for a while:
MMLB is for Murilee Martin Lifestyle Brand.
Nevermind the ? on the Auto-Hoon connection. Also Auto-Hoon is the next big thing in driver aids.
Line length and relative positioning doesn't really mean anything.
A connection seems to mean some kind of author sharing.

Feel free to expand and/or bring a Photoshop/artillery to an MSpaint/nerf fight.

ErgoProxy or whatever should be attached to /Drive.
... Tangent Vector! That's the thing. I think? It's JF and Tom. Or JF and Thad. I forget.
I can think of three others I missed, and I won't say what they are so nobody gets mad at me.
AtomicToasters isn't on there because it isn't about cars.

jibduh

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 10:13 am

BlackIce_GTS wrote:Yes. I can use this.
-Lumina, Sunfire, Cobalt, '92 Grand Prix.
GM: design the sedan first, idiots.

How about the '04-'08 Malibu Maxx? Design the wagon first?
BlackIce_GTS wrote:M is a number somewhere between 53 and 75, X is between 12 and 13

BlackIce_GTS

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 9:30 pm

My interpretation was 'cars that will primarily be sold as sedans that are terrible looking sedans but decent or good looking coupes'.
I guess that Malibu sort of fits, except the sedan was already pretty bad and the wagon just made it worse.
Or, the greenhouse looks decent, it's just that they've dropped it on top of a sedan body without doing any measuring.

Marto

PostWed Jan 22, 2014 11:41 pm

BlackIce_GTS wrote:My interpretation was 'cars that will primarily be sold as sedans that are terrible looking sedans but decent or good looking coupes'.
I guess that Malibu sort of fits, except the sedan was already pretty bad and the wagon just made it worse.
Or, the greenhouse looks decent, it's just that they've dropped it on top of a sedan body without doing any measuring.

What about the new CLS, it looks better as a wagon/shooting-brake than the sedan/coupe. Or so I think.

BlackIce_GTS

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 10:11 pm

That fits, only with everything moved up the eye-sugar scale. The CL looks faaaaaaaaaaaaabulous, the CLS looks pretty good (W218, which is the current one. Not the W219, which is the previous generation. I didn't like that one very much. Yes those numbers are in the right order), and the wagon looks quite good.
Except the CL is an S coupe and the CLS is an E "coupe". Or coupewagon. Hmm. That "segment" would have made BMW look less silly if I'd noticed it before the 4-series gran(d?) coupe came out. Now making BMW look unsilly would be substantially more difficult.

Do Mopars have unusually heavy throttle pedals or is it just my limited experience being coincidental?
...no wait, that LeBaron wagon I drove had a really light one. Maybe?
I've owned an Aries and an Intrepid, and both have far stiffer gas pedals than anything else I've driven.

FrankTheCat

PostFri Feb 21, 2014 10:31 pm

BlackIce_GTS wrote:Do Mopars have unusually heavy throttle pedals or is it just my limited experience being coincidental?
...no wait, that LeBaron wagon I drove had a really light one. Maybe?
I've owned an Aries and an Intrepid, and both have far stiffer gas pedals than anything else I've driven.

My 2000 Voyager had an unusually light pedal, but the brake pedal was really heavy whenever the rear brake cylinders weren't leaking.

Return to The Driveway