It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:46 am

The Compleat Histry of Mystery Car (with Leaderboard)

Miscellaneous (car related) stuff and BSing. Craigslist/eBay finds, stuff from Hooniverse or elsewhere in the automoblogosphere, youtube or whatever.

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

kyle_a_m

The Compleat Histry of Mystery Car (with Leaderboard)

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 10:40 am

Hey guys,

Long-time lurker, sometime Mystery Car poster, avid reader and member of the great [redacted] exodus of Ought-Nine.

Soooo...a few weeks ago, I may have made an off-hand comment about cataloguing all of the Mystery Cars, the winners, and whatnot. And I may also be off on paternity leave from work after the birth of my second daughter and wanted a project to stay sane.

So have a gander at THIS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Yep, I giant URL. That's all I have to show for hours of painstaking work.

Ah, but there's more! If you CLICK that link, you'll see a Google spreadsheet thing with all the data this datanerd could throw into it. I would've put "Time to solve" but all I get is "49 weeks ago" or somesuch from intensedebate. Boo that. I included many, but not all, of the special edition mysteries, but I didn't include ye auld "Name that part" series. Also, if anybody can shed some light on Mystery Cars #1, #2, and #22, please holler.

Anyway, have a look if you're so inclined, and if Mr. Robber (of the Grave variety) frequents this region, feel free to use as you wish. Commenting is turned on, but editing is not. If you see anything to which you might take objection, please comment on it and let me know. I'm sure there's a mistake here and there.

-Kyle_a_m-

pj134

Re: The Compleat Histry of Mystery Car (with Leaderboard)

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 11:35 am

This is an excellent effort. Kind of reminds me of the alphamazing COTD stats on that other site. I still cherish my win even if I had to give up the game because of "being productive on Friday's at work".

Devin

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 12:47 pm

LTDScott gets an assist on 119.

kyle_a_m

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 4:34 pm

Devin wrote:LTDScott gets an assist on 119.

Done. Thx. :)

I think maybe I need a better system for win/assist. I can't properly tally either this way.

Return to The Driveway