It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 2:54 am

Disco? Buy it or keep looking?

Miscellaneous (car related) stuff and BSing. Craigslist/eBay finds, stuff from Hooniverse or elsewhere in the automoblogosphere, youtube or whatever.

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

danleym

Disco? Buy it or keep looking?

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm looking for a new truck/suv, and I've found a 1994 Disco with 143,000 miles for a shade over $4,000. Does anyone have experience with them and have any recommendations? I'm not opposed to doing a little work on it (I figure that's a given with anything 20 years old), but is there any reason to stay away from them?

Maymar

Re: Disco? Buy it or keep looking?

PostSat Dec 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Although I don't have extensive experience with them (and what little experience I have with Discos is more of the Series II variety), the ones I've seen for work have generally been in pretty solid shape, although there's the occasional one with some minor electrical malfunction (think seat won't completely adjust, or radio display on the fritz), but again, these have generally already been reconditioned and prepped for sale. From what I understand, the mechanicals are stout enough, although expect pricey parts when things do go wrong.

But I'm sure someone can provide more useful input on this than I can.

Colonel Panik

Re: Disco? Buy it or keep looking?

PostTue Apr 08, 2014 8:25 am

Never heard of a Disco. Please explain.
A picture or link would be great because I think I need one.

Return to The Driveway