It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:51 am

1983 Subaru Brat

Cars or car related items for sale by you.
No eBay/CL finds, no "off topic" stuff (computers, guns, rare birds, brides)

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

DavidH

1983 Subaru Brat

PostWed Mar 14, 2012 7:24 pm

I figured this is Hoonwothy! 140 k on a two owner Brat. Runs and drives well. And only a bit of rust in the outer rockers and the front edge of the hood. No Heater. No AC. No radio. Tons of new parts. Radiator, water pump, front axles, new brakes & rotors, new rear shocks,new plugs, wires, new coil, cap & rotor, new muffler, seats from a Dodge Neon (don't hold that against it eh.) Cancer has kicked my ass twice now, and I can no longer wrench well enough to put in a new heater, (I'm freezing my ass off) or finish the rockers. 4 speed, 4wd with a compound low. This sucker will go anywhere. If you're looking for a funky fun car this is it! My e-mail: mrkat@davidghaight.com $2750. If your'e looking for a pristine example there's one locally for $5800. Located in Port Angeles, WA

Found all the rust-thus on this side with a screwdriver and hammer, hit it with rust converter and primer until I can get some new metal.
Ground all the rust out, hit it with rust converter and primer until I can get some new metal.

schigleymischke

Re: 1983 Subaru Brat

PostThu Mar 15, 2012 8:58 am

Are those ropes holding the bed together?

DavidH

PostThu Mar 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Naw, just decoration. It's a working truck and ya gotta have some rope. Why let it lay about with no purpose? It's a bit of an Art Car if you will. :D

Most Brats of this age just have swiss cheese for a bed, not somewhat shiney paint.

DavidH

Re: 1983 Subaru Brat... SOLD

PostFri Jun 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Went to a good home. Dad bought it (loaned kid money) for his 18 year old son graduating from High School. The kid took auto shop, body shop and other classes and wanted a project!

fourth_tune

PostSun Aug 05, 2012 11:57 am

They look like a miniature El-Camino. My uncle has 2 of them and they are very fun to drive. Just a suggestion on how to buy auto parts for a mod. This thing must really haul with almost twice the horsepower as the original EA81.

Colin

PostWed May 01, 2013 5:27 pm

I'm amazed that I stumbled upon this post. I actually own this BRAT now. It was purchased by me from the people you sold it to a few months back. Currently, it resides in the foothills of the Cascades. Plates shown to prove that they're the same vehicle. Thought you'd like to know that it found yet another good home!

I just went outside a few minutes ago to take the pictures, so they're not of the highest quality; the sun wasn't exactly cooperating with me from where I had it parked.

And the miles remain low!

Marcal

PostThu Aug 08, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm late to the party, as usual.

Where in the foothills of the Cascades is this Brat sitting? I'm near the toe of the foot of the foothills of the Cascades. Would love to take a look at this some time.
"A one that is not cold is scarcely a one at all."

Marcal

PostThu Aug 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Also, did you paint it? Previous owner?
"A one that is not cold is scarcely a one at all."

Return to For Sale