It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Own the Honda CB550F of a VERY FAMOUS AUTO JOURNALIST

Cars or car related items for sale by you.
No eBay/CL finds, no "off topic" stuff (computers, guns, rare birds, brides)

Moderators: Greg, Hatchtopia, needthatcar, julkinen, Graverobber

• Author

bzr

Own the Honda CB550F of a VERY FAMOUS AUTO JOURNALIST

PostWed Jul 24, 2013 9:28 am

That's right, Hoons and Hoonesses, here's your chance to own the LEGENDARY motorcycle belonging to the co-host of the Hooniverse podcast! Can you feel the excitement in the air? The

It's a 1976 Honda CB550F. Its restoration was painstakingly conducted over the course of the past four summers. It's been a hell of a learning process, but I don't have time to ride it (and also because it's fucking terrible) and it's time I moved on.

Newly painted tank and side covers; powder coated frame and rims. New spokes. Just had a full tank and carb cleaning, new fork seals, oil and fluid change.

I've installed lots of popular upgrades on it, if you're of the SOHC4 Forums type: Honda Goldwing coils, new spark plugs and wires, Progressive adjustable rear shocks, Forking By Frank tubes, new points professionally gapped, rebuilt master cylinder, stainless steel brake line, rebuilt swingarm bushings, all four carbs rebuilt with Honda kit. New drag bars and vintage grips. New chain and sprockets. New Dunlop K70 rear tire mounted, front tire will be included as well. Will also include Dynamic S electronic ignition.

Front headlight wiring needs some work: headlight is functioning, but turn signals aren't properly grounded. All other electricals are fine; electric starter works flawlessly, battery is new, regulator just replaced.

This was the motorcycle that jump-started my career in automotive journalism, as it was the first thing I published at Hooniverse. Now look at me: I'm the KING OF THE WORLD. I'd love to sell it to a fellow local hoon, because I love you guys (no sarcasm there, for once).

I'm asking $3,000, which is a STEAL when this motorcycle gets exhibited at the Quail in 50 years as part of the "Honoring the motoring contributions of Blake Z. Rong as presented by the Motor Press Guild and the SoCal branch of the Miatas With Weird Stripes Association (MWWSA)." Trust me. That will happen.

Pictures!

I live in Southern California, Playa Del Rey, right by the Venice Vintage Motorcycle Club. Surprisingly enough, they haven't returned my calls. I guess their propensity for hipster bullshit is on a different level than mine. PM me here or at [url=mailto:brong@autoweek.com]brong@autoweek.com[/url] (work email, snazzy) to make me an offer. I'll heap lavish praise upon you at the next Hooniverse Podcast, which is just as good as Carl Kasell's voicemail on your answering machine. (Actually, it's probably worse.)

pj134

Re: Own the Honda CB550F of a VERY FAMOUS AUTO JOURNALIST

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 am

Brown leather on a red bike? No wonder they haven't returned your calls.

Return to For Sale